public service announcement
deep throat and i were trying to stay out of the heat and thought that besides using this blog for my original intent of..
musings..manifestos..and diatribes of a condo cat
we should give a little back..so like big time media we are opting for public service announcements..psas..we were mucking about on webmd.com..actually trying to settle an argument we were having about cat-scratch fever when we kind of got off course and ran across the following..found it apropos and thought we needed to share..so here is our first psa….
What Are the Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder?
In many cases, people with narcissistic personality disorder:
- Are self-centered and boastful
- Seek constant attention and admiration
- Consider themselves better than others
- Exaggerate their talents and achievements
- Believe that they are entitled to special treatment
- Are easily hurt but may not show it
- Set unrealistic goals
- May take advantage of others to achieve their goals
Other common traits of narcissistic personality disorder include the following:
- Preoccupation with fantasies that focus on unlimited success, power, intelligence, beauty, or love
- Belief that he or she is “special” and unique, and can only be understood by other special people
- Expectation that others will automatically go along with what he or she wants
- Inability to recognize or identify with the feelings, needs, and viewpoints of others
- Envy of others or a belief that others are envious of him or her
- Hypersensitivity to insults (real or imagined), criticism, or defeat, possibly reacting with rage, shame, and humiliation
- Arrogant behavior and/or attitude
How Is Narcissistic Personality Disorder Treated?
There is no known cure for narcissistic personality disorder, but psychotherapy (a type of counseling) might help..
Can Narcissistic Personality Disorder Be Prevented?
There is no known way to prevent narcissistic personality disorder.
whoa..so if someone has this….we cant cure them…well crap bunnies..guess if you have this we will have to put you down..
what..deep throat says you dont put people down….why..you put dogs and cats and horses down..why not people..what about those obama care death panels..
what..those are only for old people..you mean we have to tolerate incurable nut jobs..but not old people..hey..hey hey..im getting old..this doesnt seem right..
im not sure this psa thing is going to work out.